Thortrium Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the applicable data protection legislation (the Law), the data controller is Thortrium Limited, a limited company registered in Northern Ireland under company number NI640934 and have our registered office at 21 Ballykiegle Road, Comber, Co. Down, Northern Ireland, BT23 5SD.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Kevin Lewis.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.thortrium.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, use our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, or enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources.We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Thortrium Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
If we need to transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), for example to enable your order to be fulfilled, we will only do so where adequate data protection provisions have been implemented.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use state of the art technologies to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data, however, data transmitted over the internet can never be guaranteed secure, and Thortrium have no responsibility for data in transit.
Your rights & Access to Information
You have rights concerning your personal data. You have the right to request from us access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing. You also have the right to object to processing to lodge a complaint with the ICO (www.ico.org.uk), and to ask for a version of your data to facilitate data portability, which we will supply in CSV form if required. The law gives you the right to access information held about you free of charge. You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Non-Disclosure – Confidentiality is paramount to how we operate our business. Every employee and partner of Thortrium abides by a strict confidentiality agreement. We will never divulge any content, workflow, forms or other materials that any customer or user creates, uploads, transmits or displays while using the Thortrium Software (any and all such content workflow, forms or other materials being User Materials) created or captured on the Thortrium Software and we will treat all proprietary information as strictly confidential.
Data Security – Robust security measures are in place to protect your information. Data is hosted on Microsoft Azure which offers the highest possible level of security. Azure meets a broad range of international and industry-specific compliance standards, such as:
- ISO 27001;
- SOC 1 and SOC 2
As well as country-specific standards including:
- Australia IRAP
- UK G-Cloud
- Singapore MTCS
Microsoft adopts the uniform international code of practice for cloud privacy, ISO/IEC 27018, which governs the processing of personal information by cloud service providers.
You can learn more about Microsoft Azure data security on the Microsoft Azure website.
Data Protection – Our ethical code of conduct is fully compliant with the applicable data protection legislation, and any data you disclose to us will be processed in accordance with the Act. Thortrium is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ZA131213.